[Tagging] Translating tags into the database itself ?

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Thu Aug 18 10:56:38 BST 2011

Hi Pieren.

On the one hand I agree with you, that using latin in "species" without
specifying a language code differs from the way it is done with name and
name:* tags.
On the other hand latin AFAIK is the common language to name plant
species all over the world, and - differing from english for names - the
latin species names are really used by scientists all over the world.

That's why I would support that scheme using latin as the non-specific
language for species.

regards
Peter