[Tagging] Light rail station

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Thu Aug 18 18:49:51 BST 2011

Where I come from[1], light rail is characterized by longer stop intervals
and right of way and dedicated infrastructure as a rule, compared to tram.
If that's not the same for the US, then it may not be a good idea to have
dedicated tagging for it.

Martijn

[1] That's generally a sensible reservation to include.

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 9:48 AM, Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 8/18/2011 11:18 AM, Martijn van Exel wrote:
>
>> John,
>>
>> Trams and light rail are two disparate things, in planning and
>> construction, service, and embedding into the existing infrastructure.
>>

> No they're not. Put light rail vehicles on what had been a tram line and
> suddenly it becomes light rail (example: Boston). Light rail is essentially
> a marketing term.

martijn van exel
schaaltreinen.nl