[Tagging] RFC: place=neighbourhood

Brad Neuhauser brad.neuhauser at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 13:25:34 BST 2011

First off, I like this proposal too and think it's a long time coming.

But, some references made me go and read the place=suburb wiki page again,
and that tag seems very similar, so can that distinction be clarified?  That
is, why would one choose suburb over city/town/village or neighbourhood?
The distinctive thing about "suburb" as far as I can tell is that it's an
area located outside a city center, and this distinction is pretty much
self-evident from the map itself.  Maybe there's a particular country or
culture where suburb makes more sense.

Thanks, Brad

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 7:00 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com