[Tagging] Use of place=suburb (was Re: RFC: place=neighbourhood)

Brad Neuhauser brad.neuhauser at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 18:18:42 BST 2011

One thing adding to the confusion is that suburb has different definitions
at different places on the wiki.  Based on this conversation, here's what
I'm hearing: "A named area within a city, town or possibly village that is
generally larger than a neighbourhood, and may contain multiple
neighbourhoods."  There's discussion on some wiki pages about other
attributes for suburbs, but I'm not sure those are really relevant (ie if it
has a government, how it came into the city, where it's located).  Am I
getting close?

Thanks, Brad