[Tagging] historic tagging, obelisks

Johan Jönsson johan.j at goteborg.cc
Wed Feb 2 19:34:28 GMT 2011

I am on the same page as you Martin, we should tag the obelisks as
the prominent features they are.
man_made seem to be the most neutral key,
but landmark is tempting.

I suggested:
man_made=column
+ column=obelisk

What I meant was
man_made="pointy long massive not natural freestanding thing"
+"pointy long thing"=obelisk

Other columns/"pointy long freestanding things" is:

*egyptian obelisks and other that is inspired by them
*the monumental more or less cylindrical columns/victory columns etc.
*stele is a general term for inscribed and decorated things
some of them is high, some are not.
Mostly taller than it is wide acc. to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stele
*the portugise Padrão
*large christian cross-, they probably wont fit in the "pointy long thing"
* modern art sculpture, some of it
like
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Doppels%C3%A4ule_23_70_von_Erich_Hauser-1.jpg