[Tagging] Differences in cycleways

john at jfeldredge.com john at jfeldredge.com
Sun Jan 9 04:08:45 GMT 2011

So, no standalone cycleway will ever be mapped with the cycleway=track tag, and no cycleway that is actually shown on a map will have the tag either?  The tag is never to actually be used on a cycleway, only on a motor-vehicle road to indicate that a cycleway exists somewhere nearby, but isn't directly shown on the map?  Does this mean that, should someone else add the cycleway to the map at a later time, the cycleway=track tag should be removed from the motor-vehicle road?