[Tagging] RFC: historic:civilization and historic:period Re:new key civilization

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 12 19:41:01 GMT 2011

Am 12.01.2011 17:59, schrieb john at jfeldredge.com:
> Your examples are rather ridiculous.  A Viking captain, or King Arthur's sword, would not be logical items to have on a map.

Hmmm, I guess Pieren is very much aware of this :-)

> A building or archaeological site likely would be on a map, and tagging them with the civilization and era would make it easy to generate special-interest maps.

Yes, in principle.

In practice, lot's of sites have *several* different "roots" throughout
the ages.

A castle may be build in early medieval ages, continuously extended
throughout those ages, largely changed in the baroque era and mostly
rebuild after damages of the second world war. Oh, and all of that on
top of a hill that was already populated in the celtic age.

How do you tag that?

Regards, ULFL