[Tagging] RFC: historic:civilization and historic:period Re:new key civilization

Johan Jönsson johan.j at goteborg.cc
Wed Jan 12 20:02:44 GMT 2011

Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping at ...> writes:

> In practice, lot's of sites have *several* different "roots" throughout
> the ages.
>
> A castle may be build in early medieval ages, continuously extended
> throughout those ages, largely changed in the baroque era and mostly
> rebuild after damages of the second world war. Oh, and all of that on
> top of a hill that was already populated in the celtic age.
>
> How do you tag that?
>
> Regards, ULFL

I am not used to these fancy namespacing tags, but they look useful. I guess it
would be something like this:

-----
building=yes
building:architecture=baroque
historic:castle
historic:civilization:Celtic, Anglo-Saxon
historic:civilization:period:bronze age, early medieval, baroque, post-war
-----

or is it:
------
building=yes
building:architecture=baroque
historic:castle
historic:civilization:Celtic
historic:civilization:Celtic:period:bronze age
historic:civilization:Anglo-Saxon
historic:civilization:Anglo-Saxon:period:early medieval, baroque, post-war
------

It is probably the most visible or prominent remains that should be tagged. The
Celtic hill fort is probably at the most an archaeological site. I guess that
the archaeological site could be tagged separately, either as a single node or
as an area. Do not tag if not visible.
-----
building=yes
building:architecture=baroque
historic:castle
historic:civilization:Anglo-Saxon
historic:civilization:period: early medieval, baroque, post-war

historic=archaeological_site
site_type=fortification
fortification_type=hill_fort