[Tagging] service=drive-through or drive_through?

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 16:07:33 BST 2011

2011/7/4 Eugene Alvin Villar <seav80 at gmail.com>:
> Your point actually gives us a reason to use underscores instead of
> hyphens. If many people can't remember that two words are correctly
> hyphenated ("without doing research that a hyphen was correct in the
> first place"), why should we force "correct" hyphens when we can use
> underscores?

why should we use either? We could omit all of them ;-)

Seriously, you seem to have picked on this particular issue and are
now advocating wrong spelling pretending this would make mapping
easier. IMHO correct spelling (inherent logics) is always easier then
"rules" how to do it wrong in order to do it right. I know and can see
from the lists that there are apparently some people in the project
with problems in orthography (and I include myself for the lists in
English language), but making arbitrary rules will not improve the
situation.

I also agree that tags are not written in a #@^′\programming_-_language_^*

cheers,
Martin