[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Hiking_checkpoint

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 02:12:35 BST 2011

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 7:52 PM, Zsolt Bertalan <herrbert74 at gmail.com> wrote:
> checkpoint=hiking or cycling or whatever else

I kind of like this, as it has scope to be used for other purposes.

> and instead of hiking_course=value course=value?

Still don't like "course". The term "course" is mostly associated with
competitive events like racing. I think what you're describing is
fundamentally no different to any other walking route, with the
possible difference that the information describing the route is
stored separately (ie, website, brochures, badges) rather than with
signage. But that difference is easy to work into the existing hiking
route scheme.

(Yes, there is the issue of "super-relations", in that your "hiking
course" could be described as containing other "hiking routes". I
don't think that's a major concern though...)

Steve