[Tagging] Cemetery section tagging

Wed Jun 8 20:57:06 BST 2011

I'm working on the Riverside National Cemetery here:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33.88467&lon=-117.28189&zoom=17&layers=M
after having found their "official" map (non-copyright USVA product) to
have mistakes and omissions - seeing a useful contribution for OSM.

Locations within the cemetery are known by section and site. I've drawn the
section polygons based on the official maps, Bing imagery, and some
discussion with them, but the boundaries do not really render in Mapnik.
The latest iteration I've tried tags the individual sections as
amenity=grave_yard + boundary=administrative + admin_level=12. If you look
carefully, you can see a disruption in the symmetry of the background fill
trees along the boundaries, but I'm looking for something a bit more
obvious (like the black lines used for barrier=wall).

Well aware not to "tag for the renderer", there are still many different
ways to tag here - I'm just looking for a clue as to which one might result
in the rendering I'm looking for. If there isn't one, how can I get the
default Mapnik rendering to draw a thin, contrasting outline around
amenity=grave_yard, assuming there isn't an objection?