[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Kerb

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Thu Jun 23 05:32:54 BST 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 8:07 PM, Seth Golub <seth at sethoscope.net> wrote:

> It seems that kerb=flush is saying that there is no kerb.  kerb=no seems
> more intuitive, and probably some people will use it no matter what the wiki
> says, so why have flush at all?

Flush kerbs are important to note especially for the blind, as they don't
have a sudden or even gradual change in height to let them know they're
about to cross a road.

"lowered" seems to mean "raised, but not very much".  I imagine the intent
> was "lowered compared to the otherwise raised sidewalk", but all the other
> values are relative to the road.  Instead it implies "lower than the road".

Lowered was used in the original proposal, I'd actually prefer the term
sloped. I think that makes quite a bit more sense than lowered. Opinions?

-Josh