[Tagging] service=drive-through or drive_through?

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Wed Jun 29 13:46:19 BST 2011

On 29/06/2011 13:22, Eugene Alvin Villar wrote:
> I don't run any bots. I used JXAPI and JOSM.

That's irrelevant; you're still changing data across the planet.

Data consumers still need to know if the data is changing beneath their
feet, though.

Your last post on the tagging list:
http://www.mail-archive.com/tagging@openstreetmap.org/msg05221.html
says "So service=drive_through it is?".  It does not say "OK, chaps, I'm
now going to change all the data on the planet to match the
'drive_through' spelling"

Even if it had have said that, people would still need to be monitoring
the tagging list, or reading the revision history of "service=drive
through" (note the wiki-induced misspelling) and reading the link from
there to www.mail-archive.com.

In terms of clarity that's up there with the Douglas Adams' "on display
in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory
with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of The Leopard'."