[Tagging] Locating the voting page for a tag

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 23:57:55 GMT 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 12:51 AM, Paul Norman <penorman at mac.com> wrote:
> People are adding these tags to OSM, presumably based on the wiki page.
> They're on the osm.org wiki, how do they not apply to the osm database?

Paul,

They do apply to the osm database ("These definitions relate to node
tags in the OSM database").

> Also, I'm not sure what you mean by the OpenStreetMap renderer. There are

Some people refer to the mapnik layer at osm.org as "The OpenStreetMap
renderer". We can try to treat all renderers equally, but inevitably
the one on the front page will get most of the attention.

But Malcolm is merely saying that general purpose renderers (like
MapQuest Open, osm.org mapnik, osmarender, etc) are not expected to
implement the rules on the wiki page.