[Tagging] second_hand shops

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 10:59:55 GMT 2011

2011/11/4 Ferenc Veres <lion at netngine.hu>:
> I find the current proposals for "second_hand" not well describing and
> confusing (different on different Wiki pages).
>
> Any type of shop may sell second_hand goods, so it seems to be an
> additional property. The shop's most important property is WHAT IT
> SELLS, and whether it is second hand is secondary detail.
>
> My basic idea is:
> second_hand=yes

this will force all maps that show book shops or shops for clothing to
check for this key. Basically not all products are sold second_hand,
but there is quite some). And there is also shops that sell both:
second_hand and new stuff (think of cars). So instead of
second_hand=yes/no I'd prefer something like
second_hand=only/additionally (maybe even second_hand=few/mostly).

The problem is similar as with rental: some do only rent, others do
both, some don't rent.

You could have keys for all products that are sold, e.g.
shop=second_hand (or bicycle/books/...), where we recommend to use
second_hand if they do not sell new products and the other values if
they also sell second hand stuff.

plus
second_hand:clothes=only/additionally
second_hand:furniture=