[Tagging] Additional attributes for drinking_water

Tobias Johansson tj at mensa.se
Sat Nov 5 15:02:26 GMT 2011

2011/11/4 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>:
> 2011/11/4 Bryce Nesbitt <bryce2 at obviously.com>:
>> I would like to move forward on adding richness to the mapping of drinking
>> water sources:
>

> cool
>

>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Drinking_water_attributes
>> Would people take a peek and make comments, so things can be taken to the
>> next stage?
>

> you already cover my main interest, the type of the facility. I know
> that currently those 2 keys are used for this: drinking_water:type and
> type, and I am open to hear which one is better.
>
> Other aspects might be whether water is permanently running or you
> have to push a button or open a tap. I used a few flow tags for this (
> http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/flow#values ), used values were:
> constant/push-button/tap
>
> There is also decorative fountains which offer potable water (and
> where tagging is somehow incompatible because both use "amenity", so
> those are probably many of the "drinking_water=yes").
>
> Recently I discovered yet another type: vending_machines where you
> fill your bottle for a small fee (0,05 EUR for 1 litre IIRR, water was
> offered chilled and normal temperature, with and without additional
> CO2): http://www.23hq.com/dieterdreist/photo/7088178
> (feel free to use this foto in PD and/or cc-by-sa)
>
> There is also subtypes which let animals like dogs drink at a lower
> level (the tap is made in the form of a dog's head so I guess they
> could be called dedicated).
>

>> There are also a few confusing ones like:
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/746502772
>

> Yes, they should be tried to resolve by writing to the original authors.

I looked at this one (because it was so funny). But in version 1 the
tag was amenity=water drinking_water=no and was changed in version 2
to amenity=drinking_water drinking_water=no.
So maybe it's a well or tap whit water that is harmful to drink but
can be used to clean up or cool yourself off? But yes the original
authors are the ones who can resolve this.

Best Regards Tobias