[Tagging] Tagging a club's meeting location

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Tue Nov 8 22:06:51 GMT 2011

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 2:21 PM, John F. Eldredge <john at jfeldredge.com> wrote:
> In addition to being a mapper, I am the secretary of the Nashville Linux Users Group.  I have been debating whether the club's monthly meeting location should be tagged in OSM, and, if so, what tag to use.  The question arises because the club doesn't have its own dedicated space; instead, it meets once a month in a particular lecture hall at Vanderbilt University.  For the rest of the month, there is no sign or marker designating the lecture hall as NLUG's meeting space.
>
> How should such a meeting location be tagged?

Make sure the venue is properly tagged, with address.  Add local
parking and transit amenities, etc so that the map is really useful.

Link to that venue with a permalink, or even better, with a shortlink
and marker whenever you want to provide a map.

If you want to display the location on your LUG web site, consider
using OpenLayers to put a nice big LUG logo on the map (or Tux the
Penguin) in your location.

Some problems aren't tagging problems.