[Tagging] RFC: place=neighbourhood

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 02:41:25 BST 2011

On 8/31/2011 9:27 PM, Stephen Hope wrote:
> Brad,
>
> Where I live, suburbs are well known, have fixed borders (though they
> can be and are sometimes adjusted), and are part of your address
> according to the post office and local government.

In the US, the problem is that address place names depend on which post
office serves the area, and there is no freely available accurate data
showing this. Many suburban areas outside Orlando city limits have
Orlando in the address, and there are some cases where a place in city A
uses an address that is not city A.