[Tagging] sidewalks and tagging for the renderer

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 13 07:11:25 BST 2012

Yes please!

I was also thinking on the lines of documenting implicit tagging:
*    to save mappers time
*    to save space in the database
*    to avoid confusion
*    to allow a single point of maintenance

At a generic "territory" level with some kind of hierarchy please, so
for example cities can override counties which can override states which
can override national rules. As traffic rules are made by some kind of
government, I am sure the current boundary/admin_level stuff can be used
as a base as long as a true hierarchy can be found (no multiple
inheritance!)

<defaults territory="uk">
<defaultentry>
<match>
<tag k="highway" v="motorway" />
</match>
<implies>
<tag k="foot" v="no" />
<tag k="maxspeed" v="70 mph" />
<tag k="bicycle" v="no" />
</implies>
</defaultentry>
</defaults>

Technically it doesn't seem that difficult.

Colin