[Tagging] Ferry routes, what's the correct approach?

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Fri Aug 3 20:39:57 BST 2012

On Fri, 2012-08-03 at 19:00 +0000, Janko Mihelić wrote:
> Ferries are a bit like motorways with tolls, but I don't know what is
> used on motorways around the world. Fee=yes?

'barrier=toll booth' is used for motorway tolls, and for access to ferry
terminals, these work fine.

The problem I was finding is micro-mapping of other gates and barriers
that are used to prevent cars driving onto ferry ramps when there is no
ferry there, and gates on the exit roads from the ports. These are
easily fixed by tagging them 'access=yes'.

Phil