[Tagging] Catchment Areas

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Dec 3 07:46:48 GMT 2012

Hi,

On 12/01/12 15:05, Chris Baines wrote:
> As part of the Random Hacks of Kindness (RHoK) event, myself and a
> friend have been working on the Granular Health Map problem [1]. We have
> started trying to tackle the catchment area problem, and have created a
> proposal [2]. We both have some experience mapping in OSM, but not any
> about proposals, so please let us know if we can improve it.

I don't think that catchment areas are suitable for OSM because they are
not observable on the ground.

Also, the thought of having one area relation for each pizza delivery
place in a medium-sized city makes my hair stand on end. Streets in that
city would all become members of 10 or more relations, which would be
broken 90% of the time.

Bye
Frederik