[Tagging] Status of maxspeed:wet

Ole Nielsen on-osm at xs4all.nl
Mon Dec 3 19:27:41 GMT 2012

I intentionally chose not to deprecate maxspeed:wet as I had the feeling
that doing so might upset some people and I didn't want such minor
issues to affect the voting process. Of course I will recommend to use
the conditional scheme and hope we can make a recommendation to
deprecate the maxspeed:wet tag if there is no strong opposition to do so.

BTW, I'm not sure how useful the wet tag (old style or new style) is.
You will need some damn precise and detailed weather forecasts for a
route planner to be able to use such information. And usually it is only
fairly short sections of highway having such tags so the impact is
minimal (and in my experience drivers pretty much ignore such signs anyway).

Ole / polderrunner