[Tagging] château

A.Pirard.Papou A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 19:50:47 GMT 2012

Hi,

I have to tag a number of what we call château(x) in French.
The best translation I could find is château:
/A country estate, especially a fine one, in France or elsewhere on the
Continent./
(unfortunately and ambiguously, an fr:château can also be a castle)
That is, a normal, but very large, dwelling.
Old style, but nothing historical and even less castle (fortress, defense).
Also related to wine names "Château XXX".
Hence, inescapably  building=château  but that doesn't seem to exist.
(and the explanation for building=house is empty of any variant).

Do I go ahead or did I miss an entrance?

Cheers,

André.