[Tagging] Voting for Relation type=waterway

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 09:59:10 GMT 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 10:37 PM, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:

> - Approval does not imply enforcement. I don't know why you'd think
> that. Just because we have rules doesn't mean anyone particularly
> "enforces" them.

You can always claim that every one is free to use his own rules. But
once a tag is "approved" and is documented as such on the wiki, it is
usually followed later by the contributors, by the data consumers and
by the editors presets. And if someone is trying to use his
own/different rule, he will be quickly corrected by someone else. You
are right. It is not "enforcement", It's a nice illusion of freedom.

Pieren