[Tagging] How to tag the width of a gate

Mike Valiant mike_valiant at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 26 12:53:37 GMT 2012

IMHO a physical restriction is as important as a legal restriction. If I have a  wide vehicle and I was using routing software using the OSM database it would be useful to be able to put in my vehicle's width and then the routing software could parse for maxwidth as a restriction along the route. There are many places, such as the width of a gate, which would prevent a vehicle using a road where there is no legal restriction.
I think you have just made the tag less useful.
//Mike