[Tagging] Amenity swimming_pool (was Amenity parking)

Ben Johnson tangararama at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 20:09:59 GMT 2012

JOSM uses "leisure" as the preset tag for swimming pools. It has a private swimming pool preset which creates:

access=private
leisure=swimming_pool

I use this combination for residential backyard pools, also pools in apartments, schools, hospitals, etc. and I think it's equally appropriate for tennis courts.

Note the wiki says some people prefer to use [access=no] instead of private. There's no hard rule.

There's also [access=customers] for business premises where access to the pool is a side-benefit of being a customer - like hotels, motels, resorts, clubs, etc... Also useful for car parking, and other customer facilities such as tennis courts.

For a public access pool (eg run by a local government authority, or even a private operator who's main business is the swimming pool) usually charge an entry fee and have opening hours, so i'd use [access=permissive] - likewise for tennis clubs with public access for a fee, with set operating hours.

BJ

Sent from my iPhone