[Tagging] Amenity swimming_pool (was Amenity parking)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 00:49:28 GMT 2012

2012/1/12 Ben Johnson <tangararama at gmail.com>:
> For my take on permissive, the best example I can think of is rural properties where you need to literally drive through private farms to get to your destination (which is usually another farm).

those usually aren't permissive (at least in the areas that I know
of), instead there is usually a right of way (the owner of the land
that has to be crossed _has the obligation_ to let the other
(including postman, visitors, etc.) pass his property (this is often
something that is written in the land register). "Permissive" on the
other hand would mean that the owner could revoke the right to pass
his ground any time.

> I'm not sure about their legal right to "revoke" access - especially if the only way in/out of your farm is to cross theirs, so they may have a legal obligation to always permit access.

exactly

Cheers,
Martin