[Tagging] Amenity swimming_pool (was Amenity parking)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 02:27:31 GMT 2012

2012/1/13 Ben Johnson <tangararama at gmail.com>:
> Okay that explains it very well. I have a friend with a farm who explained a
> little to me and the obligation makes perfect sense. But would you tag such
> ways as "private" or just leave them as default access?

this depends on the situation. It might be "private"/"destination" or
maybe permissive (if anybody can go there). We don't currently have a
method to indicate special rights of certain people (B has to let pass
A, we don't have a way to tag this).

> Farms aside, I
> struggle to think of examples of permissive ways. The only thing I can think
> of is something like a pedestrian shortcut across a golf course, or a
> pedestrian way through an arcade or shopping centre.

permissive would be any way where you can go (=nobody will shout at
you) but you don't have a legal right to do so, the owner simply
doesn't care or tolerates the use. The wiki says: "permissive: Open to
general traffic until such time as the owner revokes the permission
which they are legally allowed to do at any time in the future."