[Tagging] Amenity swimming_pool (was Amenity parking)

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 07:29:47 GMT 2012

On 1/12/2012 9:01 PM, Ben Johnson wrote:
>Farms aside, I struggle to think of examples of permissive ways.
> The only thing I can think of is something like a pedestrian shortcut
> across a golf course, or a pedestrian way through an arcade or shopping
> centre.

Think of a large development (e.g. a mall) that has roads that quack
like public roads, but are in reality privately-owned and maintained. As
long as there are no signs prohibiting through traffic, these roads
would be permissive.

Another example would be a big military base with a road across.
Generally the road is open to the public, but the military can close it
at any time.