[Tagging] [OSM-talk] Mapping guidelines

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 15:21:03 GMT 2012

> you get the border between public and private land. Why is that not
> helpful or interesting?

I think this is the basic point of my objection: I believe that OSM maps
what is out there, not what is legally defined in some document to which we
normally have no access.

I am interested surely in whether can use a road or not - that's  what I
expect from a good map. But that needs to be based on visible evidence on
the ground.

Anyway this has nothing to do with landuse=residential.

BTW I also have looked up and commented on the new idea of adding
landuse=highway for roads, based on the legal status of the land, which in
my view is going in the same direction of your argument. This is out of
scope of OSM and also completely impractical.

Volker