[Tagging] emergency=fire_hydrant and wrenches

fly lowflight66 at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 25 13:21:26 BST 2012

On 25/07/12 14:00, LM_1 wrote:
> 2012/7/25 Jason Cunningham <jamicuosm at googlemail.com>:
>> On 24 July 2012 19:55, David ``Smith'' <vidthekid at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Useful to whom? The local fire department should already know, and nobody
>>> else should be authorized to open the hydrant anyway — though it seems the
>>> biggest reason departments object to unauthorized access is damage caused by
>>> using the wrong kind of wrench…
>>
>> Your assuming the existence of something called a "local fire department"
>> who have some sort of control over the hydrant. This may be the case for the
>> the area your thinking about but not be the case across the rest of the
>> world. Having said that I agree that if people should not "interacting" with
>> an object then OSM should not provide data on how to do it, especially for
>> something as important as a fire hydrant.
>>
>> Jason
>
> More importantly OSM should not censor its data even if there is
> potential for abuse. (surveillance cameras for crime planning,
> detailed road maps for attack forces coordination, police using
> uploaded gps tracks to find locations where cars are likely to exceed
> speed limits... )

+10

Please no censorship in this way.

As the fire_hydrant has already an own tag it should be no problem to add some
more information (like the wrench).

Im my country, I find them not just on fire_hydrants, eg it might be worse
thinking about a generell solution and not just for fire hydrants.

wrench_type=*
comes to my mind.

cu
fly