[Tagging] How to tag a trailer_park ?

Fri Jul 27 16:28:17 BST 2012

At 2012-07-27 06:54, Werner Poppele wrote:
>In the US [1] I found some trailer parks tagged landuse=trailer_park. Is
>that ok ? Any other recommendations ? The tag tourism=camp_site seems to
>be not quite correct IMHO.
>
>taginfo
>landuse=trailer_park    8
>amenity=trailer_park    23
>tourism=camp_site       40196

It depends on what you mean by trailer park. For a place that is rented for
a short term by the day or week to park your RV or towed camper in, I used
tourism=caravan_site per
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:tourism%3Dcaravan_site .

For places called "mobile home parks", which are leased by the year (at
least), in which to semi-permanently place a pre-manufactured (aka mobile)
home that requires a great deal of work to move, I tag landuse=residential,
and add it to a relation (with role=boundary) that is tagged:
type=site
site=housing
housing_type=mobile_home

e.g.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?box=yes&bbox=-117.9384%2C33.63424%2C-117.93623%2C33.63606

These are sometimes grouped together with the first type, usually
pejoratively. Having stayed in both types of places, they are nothing alike.

>[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33.6209&lon=-117.6951&zoom=17

Definitely the latter - a mobile home park.