[Tagging] Ferry routes, what's the correct approach?

LM_1 flukas.robot+osm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 21:50:41 BST 2012

At the same time there are gates and the access is usually not free
for everyone. So access=yes is in fact wrong in some cases. Something
like access=customers (passengers of the ferry) might be the middle
ground acceptable for both sides.
Not knowing how different routers use access I believe that ways
marked as access=customers should be routed with some sort of warning.
The same goes for access=private. Quite commonly the real final
destination would be in some limited access area and so routers do not
have to absolutely avoid more restrictive access values than public.

Lukáš Matějka (LM_1)