[Tagging] Farm hard standing --- how should we tag it?

John Sturdy jcg.sturdy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 15:08:41 GMT 2012

In some areas of the country (noticeably the Fens, with their wet
soil, I think) there are concreted areas beside farm tracks, that
farmers use for storing things on (such as hay bales).  I don't know
what these are called, and have generally not mapped them, but they
are a noticeable feature of the countryside.  There's an example (with
a provisional tag) at:

Any suggestions?  I don't think they really count as
"landuse=farmyard" as I think that should refer to the central
farmyard(s) of a farm, where the barns etc are.


More information about the Tagging mailing list