[Tagging] dispute about center island in a turning circle

Martin Vonwald imagic.osm at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 14:46:24 GMT 2012

2012/3/13 Josh Doe <josh at joshdoe.com>:
> 4) Tag as turning_circle, perhaps additionally using a
> traffic_calming=* value such as island [2]
>
> My vote is for #4. Time for me to try out Overpass to get my
> mis-tagged features...

For me this sounds like using two inappropriate tags instead of one.
Neither is it a turning circle (which does not have a central island)
nor is the central island some kind of traffic calming.

I agree with Paul Johnson: silently fix it. If some doesn't want - for
whatever reason - map it correctly, than let them tag it as
turning_circle with a fixme tag. Better than nothing. Though I myself
would never do it that way, as this would be more work than simply
drawing a circle. But that's just me.

Martin