[Tagging] symbol=* documentation?

Sander Deryckere sanderd17 at gmail.com
Wed May 9 17:05:23 BST 2012

In Belgium, we use it for some types of walking routes, and we do it this
way:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Belgium/Conventions/Walking_Routes#Natuurpunt

So we have standard symbols (square, rectangle, triangle ...) which are
combined with a colour tag. But sometimes a logo is used, and in that case,
we just name the logo.

The majority of hiking routes doesn't have those symbols though (those
six-sided signs are more common).

Cheers,
Sander