[Tagging] (Mini)Roundabout: examples

Martin Vonwald imagic.osm at gmail.com
Fri May 18 07:57:50 BST 2012

Hi Tobias,

Sorry to start this again, but yesterday evening was a little difficult. ;-)

I reread the description and tagging of the example. If I understood
you correct - please correct me if not - you are confused because
about this: "A ROUND place with a traversable ISLAND". So "round" and
"island" are the problem - right?

Actually the description just states what can be seen on the photo. A
highway=turning_circle still is a widened space of whatever shape and
with no or a traversable island. Nothing changed and should be changed
in the definition of the tag.

Did I understood you correct? If so, I'm thinking about a more clear
wording for this example. Also the statement "A turning circle is a
widened space on a two-way street without any center island." should
be updated to include "fully traversable island".

Thanks for your feedback,
Martin