[Tagging] access=emergency revisited

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Wed Nov 21 19:59:22 GMT 2012

On 11/21/12 2:34 PM, Anthony wrote:
> I believe we came to an agreement that if the sign says "emergency use
> only", the tag should be access=no, emergency=yes.  If the sign says "do
> not enter", the tag should be access=no.
actually, i'm going to disagree. to label these properly it's important
to know
the policy of local agencies.

if on the one hand there's a no  u turn attached to a turn around, but
on the
other hand troopers, police, sheriffs, ambulances and fire trucks are
turning
around in them, then local policy clearly overrides.

i'm concerned about enough granularity and precision to make the tags
useful. just mindlessly marking access no when access is really emergency
renders the access tagging useless for any emergency responder application.

richard