[Tagging] What is and what isn't a valid type=multipolygon relation for osm ?

sly (sylvain letuffe) liste at letuffe.org
Sat Oct 13 15:10:12 GMT 2012

Hi,

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Relation%3Amultipolygon&action=historysubmit&diff=820392&oldid=797879
(which I do not completely agree with to say the least)

I think it should be discussed and agreed on. Perhaps with more examples of
what is valid and what isn't.

Reading this :
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Relation:multipolygon#Multipolygon_should_consist_of_polygons_rather_than_ways

we can guess that it is hot topic, but allowing the wiki to change what is
accepted or not every now and then isn't really something usefull I guess.

What about splitting in two maybe :
- what is considered valid/accepted from an OSM point of view

- what is considered good practice/avoid if possible from a mapper/consumers
point of view

--
sly (sylvain letuffe)