[Tagging] How to tag: road in Luxembourgish park with unclear status

Eric SIBERT courrier at eric.sibert.fr
Sun Oct 21 20:01:15 GMT 2012

Road classification... such a difficult subject in many countries.

For the part that inhabitants can use, highway=residential and
access=destination.

After, for me, the road is large enough for a car but motor vehicles are
prohibited -> highway = pedestrian. Don't care about park maintenance.

until picture 9.

At this point, a car can't use it.

highway=footway : a intentionally organized way for pedestrians.
(opposite to highway=path for way that appears after repeated use by
pedestrians but not intentionally made for).

In booth cases (pedestrian and footway), bicycle status is not clear by
default. Clear indication is welcome : bicycle = yes (assuming that the
way is mostly designed for pedestrian).

Photo11 : I never now if it is mostly designed for bicycle
(highway=cycleway) or for pedestrians (highway=footway).

segregated=no to indicate mixing of both type of users.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:segregated

Eric