[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Obstacle

Konfrare Albert lakonfrariadelavila at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 13:40:11 GMT 2012

Thanks again for all your answers;

I begin to understand the operating of OSM tagging :)
I don't need voting now... I understood that voting process is necessary
when you make a proposal... It could be for this
page<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Template:Proposal_Page#Proposal_Status_Process>or
for my horrible english :P
If the proposal is used in OSM (in future), I would like that could be in Map
Features page <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Map_Features>.(It was
useful for me, when I began to map in OSM for know possible tags)

About the key:

   - *Existing values:* There are someone of OpenSeaMap here? I offer me to
   add the values "bridge" and "look" (that OpenSeaMap uses) in this wiki
   page <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Obstacle>. I
   could create two key=obstacle sections: for highways and for waterways.
   Obviously, will need help.
   - *Voting:* I will continue with the discussion and with the usage
   tracking. It's funny (and productive). I won't open the vote for now.
   - *Value "unevenness":* An important observation was posted in the
   discussion page<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/Obstacle#Alternatives_for_value_.C2.ABunevenness.C2.BB>(the
last comment in the section). I don't know what could be the better
   name for this value... In past I was using «needed_hands». Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!!

ALBERT

2012/10/25 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>

> 2012/10/24 Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com>:
> > you take the risk that the tag is used for something else. Now, it
> > seems that this proposal will have to specify if it applies to
> > highways or waterways.
>

> There is already a specification, to whom it is an obstacle
> (obstacle:car, ...) maybe we could have an additional
> obstacle:waterway for all waterbased transport (or more
> differentiated, it is probably important whether you go in canoe or
> with a big freight ship, this should be discussed with the marine
> mappers how it would be best done).
>
> cheers,
> Martin

*KONFRARE ALBERT*
La Konfraria de la Vila del Pingüí de La Palma
WEB:            http://www.konfraria.org
TWITTER:     http://twitter.com/La_Konfraria
FACEBOOK:
http://ca-es.facebook.com/people/Konfraria-Vila-Del-Pingui/100001918952076