[Tagging] Exclusive access rights

Martin Vonwald (Imagic) imagic.osm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 19:25:29 GMT 2012

Hi,

The problem is the hierarchy of the access tags (see Land-based transportation in http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Access): the tag vehicle=no implies motor_vehicle=no and e.g. bicycle=no, the tag motor_vehicle=no implies e.g. psv=no and goods=no, and goods=no implies hgv=no. At least that's the way I understand it. And yes, this is neither perfect nor always intuitive. What about a cycle rickshaw? It's definitively a psv but most definitively not a motor_vehicle. Of course there is this great sentence in the access article: "This hierarchy is different in each country." That's not making anything easier.

I'll guess I have another look at the access 1.5 proposal which tries to clean up a little: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/access_restrictions_1.5

Martin