[Tagging] bicycle barriers open issue: bicycle trailors

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 08:35:38 UTC 2013

Thanks for your useful comments, which essentially reflect the reasons for
which I brought up the issue. Objective criteria are difficult to define.
In particular max_width and max_length are useless because they are linked
variables.

Locally here things are relatively easy. Basically all of the bicycle
barriers they have put on the cycle paths here will block trailers and
tandems (which I had forgotten to mention), some will block even normal
bicycles and wheelchairs (yes!).
I think there is not much else one can do than to add
bicycle:trailer=no
and
bicycle:tandem=no
based on personal judgement.