[Tagging] Tagging for a pack station?

Tod Fitch tod at fitchdesign.com
Sat Aug 31 03:28:08 UTC 2013

Hi,

Interesting. Sounds like the equivalent of a hostel or mountain hut used by hikers or skiers but for equistrians.

I don't know much about horses or the facilities for them. I know there are several buildings at the place I want to map one of which has been called a bunk house and another that looks like it is for storage. And there are some corrals. The road to the facility is closed in winter in an area I do some ski touring and would like to properly map, more for skiing than for summer use and the site is a definite landmark.

I looked at the business's website and it appears that they do guided day trips as well as the more traditional freight hauling so riding stables might be appropriate for some of the function. But it does not appear that they will board horses that don't belong to them nor do they have overnight facilities for the riders. If my reading of the trail riding station page is accurate, it seems that would rule out that tagging for this facility.

Thank you for the suggestion,

-Tod