[Tagging] leisure=garden

cracklinrain cra_klinrain at gmx.de
Fri Dec 6 12:25:20 UTC 2013

Am 06.12.2013 13:09, schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer:
> What is the argument for putting the house, the entrance and the private
> way then? IMHO we can map private trees, and I also like to map private
> swimming pools. Of course you can map private fences, walls etc., and why
> not map a private waterway?

But all of this is landcover, stuff about water and barriers - no POIs
at all. Leisure seems to be more like a POI.

> Making an evaluation in which areas of the
> cities there are private pools and in which there aren't might lead to
> interesting results for instance.

But private != public. If you are opening your garden to the public it
remains of course as your property. So it is kind of private. But this
private is not the discussed one (it should be tagged as permissive, I
guess).

We are talking about private-non-public. So if somebody is opening his
garden, he is doing it for once. So this is not neccessarily something
we are recording in OSM.