[Tagging] [Imports] IENC of the German WSV

Malcolm Herring malcolm.herring at btinternet.com
Wed Dec 11 10:15:38 UTC 2013

> It also seems odd to add all facilities as attributes to the main object
> rather than mapping them inside the area at the place where they are (if
> I understood that page right, the former is what it suggests). E.g.

It is not "rather than", but "as well as". The harbour object is tagged
with a list of *available* facilities, the tag values being free text to
qualify those availabilities. e.g. "harbour:toilets" could take the
value "private, access by code". The actual location of these facilities
are mapped separately, with appropriate tags, either from the "amenity"
series or from the "seamark:small_craft_facility" series.

The reason for this arrangement is that querying a harbour object will
bring up a list similar to those found in marina directories, nautical
almanacs, etc.

Anyway, this thread is about the import, not the tagging! I know that we
all love to argue about tags, but this is best done in the tagging list.