[Tagging] Resorts

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 11:04:48 GMT 2013

2013/2/1 Дмитрий Киселев <dmitry.v.kiselev at gmail.com>:
> Hi all.
>
> How to map a resort territory.
> Big resorts offtenly have their own territory with swimming pools,
> parks, parkings, aquaparks, beach, sport-pitches and even more.
>
> How to tag such territories?
> I like landuse=resort
>
> Why no tourism=hotel or leisure=resort
> I didn't like leisure=resort because  in such case we will have
> leisure inside leisure in case of swimmingpools or pitch inside
> resort.
>
> I didn't like tourism=hotel because
> 1) sometime resorts have 2 or more hotels inside (it may 2 different
> buildings new one and old and sometimes rooms in them sold separatly
> like two different hotels with common territory)
> 2) tourism=hotel already commonly used with different meaning.
>
> What do you says?

There is a tag leisure=beach_resort
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/leisure=beach_resort

if your resort is not at the beach I'd suggest to use a different tag
(maybe propose something like leisure=winter_sports_resort,
health_resort, ...)

tourism=hotel should be tagged additionally (on the hotel area)

I don't like landuse=resort very much, IMHO it would be better to have
a more generic value for landuse (maybe landuse=tourism?
landuse=recreation?)

cheers,
Martin