[Tagging] bicycle-no on motorways

Craig Wallace craigw84 at fastmail.fm
Sat Feb 9 14:35:09 UTC 2013

On 09/02/2013 12:54, Philip Barnes wrote:
> On Sat, 2013-02-09 at 23:25 +1100, Steve Bennett wrote:
>>
>> Err, that's what the signs are for... :)
> There are plenty of places where it is possible to cross between England
> and Wales where there are no signs. I am less familiar with the Scottish
> border, but other than it being a physical border (mountains) I imagine
> it is similar.
>
> But within Great Britain the rules are the same. I deliberately avoided
> United Kingdom. I know Northern Ireland has slightly different rules
> such as lower speed limits for recently qualified drivers.

Powers to set speed limits have now been devolved, so the Scottish
government could change the speed limit if they wanted. So far it looks
like there's no plans to do so.

If there is any change, I'm sure it will be clearly signposted, both at
the border and within Scotland.
Also a few other things devolved, eg the drink-driving limit. It looks
like that will be reduced in Scotland soon.

Craig