[Tagging] Wikidata tag

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Wed Feb 27 12:33:30 UTC 2013

Am 27.02.2013 13:01, schrieb Pieren:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:49 PM, Peter Wendorff
> <wendorff at uni-paderborn.de> wrote:
>
> If you keep the original "operator", then I don't see the point.
> Either the tags "operator" and "operator:wikidata" are different and
> you have a real problem. Or the tags have the same values/meaning and
> it is just duplicates.
>
> About "McDonalds" or "McDonald's", define the standard value, call
> XAPI/overpass or keepright/osmose to find them and fix the wrong
> values with JOSM. It takes 2 minutes and the problem is closed.
-1
You would create new bugs for the plumber McDonalds, the taxi company
McDonalds and many more, who are NOT named McDonald's (or vice versa).

I'm not sure if even for fast food the name McDonalds would be unique
world wide. If I were Peter McDonald I guess I would be allowed to open
a fast food shop named McDonald's locally where McDonalds is not on the
market already in my country (okay, probably a bad example as that might
not be the case anywhere on the world).
It's hard to find examples as in fact the fast food company is
"spamming" google results a lot, but e.g.
http://www.yellowpages.com.au/vic/ferntree-gully/mcdonalds-car-electrical-repairs-14183175-listing.html
is one.

Yes, you could combine your query with amenity=fast_food, but I'm not
sure if that would solve all problems really.

regards
Peter