[Tagging] Observations on use of the diet: tag

fly lowflight66 at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 2 19:34:30 UTC 2013

Am 02.07.2013 21:00, schrieb Serge Wroclawski:
> On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 1:59 PM, fly <lowflight66 at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Please, tell me the difference between gluten_free=* and
>> diet:gluten_free=* and document them in the wiki.
>
> The difference is that one is the that was in higher usage than the other.

If this is the only differences please tell me what problem do you have
with the approved diet:gluten_free= and what are the advantages of
gluten_free=*?

Otherwise we end up with two duplicates and should stick to
the approved one.

>>> Please revert your edit, and undo your wiki changes.
>>
>> I did just add one tag to the objects with the same meaning. Thought
>> that is the way to silently move from one tag to another. I did not
>> delete anything. What is your problem with diet:gluten_free ?
>
> Did you not see my email when someone asked about "transitioning
> tags"? I went into depth about that process.
>
> It is not right to go around making automated edits. The fact it's a
> small number is relevant only in that it didn't effect many people-
> but I'm one of those people.
>
> Sometimes we use bots when there is large scale consensus, or when
> there is an obvious typo (if I had typed diet:gluten_freee, then that
> might be a good reason to change things).
>
> But this is not the same thing, and I'm asking you to either go ahead
> and check the objects yourself, or please remove your change.

I am sorry, you are right. I should have talked about my intension
before making the change. I thought no one has a problem with cleaning
up this issue.

I have no problem in reverting my changes but please give me one reason
why you can not live with diet:gluten_free=*. I do not want to revert my
changeset now only to have a bot redo it in a week.

Once more, sorry
fly